Focus Group West
Focus Group West is a boutique design firm that offers a comprehensive approach to product development, architecture, graphic design and public relations. Founded by award-winning designer and CFDA member Blake Kuwahara and capitalizing on the specialties of each expert within the group, we take an integrated approach to design, branding, and publicity for eyewear and fashion companies.
Focus Group West is one of the most notable and respected design studios in the eyewear industry. Based in California, Los Angeles eyewear design group also has an office in San Francisco. In addition to providing services as an eyewear design consultant and sunglass design consultant, Focus Group West also acts as a consultant for eyewear manufacture in China and a consultant for eyewear manufacture in Japan. Asia eyewear production manager
Led by award winning eyewear designer, Blake Kuwahara, Focus Group West designs and develops eyewear and sunglasses from drawings through to prototype stage for existing licensed collections, private label and/or house brands. As a design and production manager, Focus Group West partners such as Blake Kuwahara, have collaborated with fashion icons including John Varvatos, Carolina Herrera, Issac Mizrahi and Hanae Mori. FGW partners have also designed and developed eyewear product and campaigns for famous brands such as Converse, Jones New York, Lucky and Kata. These and other noted designers and brands have relied on the talents and expertise of Focus Group partners to extend their brands with successful eyewear collections.
With decades of eyewear industry design experience, Focus Group West can work closely with licensing directors, designers, creative teams, and manufacturers as your design liaison during the process of launching or extending an eyeglass or sunglass collection. Many have benefited from the group’s expertise in eyewear frame design and eyewear manufacturing.
Product Design & Development
With over 25 years of experience, the Focus Group West design team brings a knowledge and understanding of brand identity, design nuances, and product development management that allows for a broad, yet targeted approach to designing eyewear:
- Design and develop eyewear from drawings through to prototype stage
- Create new concepts and establish design platforms for licensed and private label collections
- Work closely with licensing directors, designers and manufacturers as your creative liaison
Great product, design, architecture and branding are the building blocks of a great company but are nothing without customer and industry awareness. With a foundation in eyewear, fashion, jewelry, and entertainment, our PR expert can custom tailor a plan to expose your brand, product identity, and capabilities to your target audiences:
- Work with talent, prop masters, and stylists for eyewear styling & editorial shoots
- Provide media outreach to consumer fashion and entertainment press and trade publications
- Produce events, press tours, etc. for launch events and promotions
From logos and branding to packaging and POP, a cohesive story can be built for maximum impact within the marketplace. Our team will help you make your mark:
- Complete graphic design and creative services to develop fictitious names and design corporate marks
- Develop brand identity, logo, POP and collateral materials for house brands and/or private label projects
- Design and develop all printed and on-line communication including catalogs, leave-behinds, direct mailers, and advertising
Retail Design & Space Planning
Our architectural team, specializing in high-end optical boutiques offers the understanding of aesthetics quality and spatial planning to fully develop and design spaces that are both functional and compelling:
- Full-scope architectural, interior design, and space planning services for new and existing optical retail boutiques and optometric practices
- Complete design schematics and creation of color and material boards
- Balance design with practical side of construction such as building codes, budgets, detailing, and interfacing with contractors